RecipesBack To Recipes
Golden Raisin Compote with Baked Brie
Category: Side Dishes
Products Used: Champagne Vinegar
This refreshing hors d'ouevres combines the simple, elegant pleasures of bread, cheese, wine, and fruit into a single bite. Great for entertaining!
- 6 cups of your favorite apple, chopped and peeled
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup OTO Champagne Vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 oz. brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 40 (1/4 inch-thick) slices french bread baguette
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine the first 11 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Cool.
Divide brie slices into 40 even pieces. Spread 1 1/2
tablespoons of compote over each baguette slice; top each with 1 piece of cheese. Arrange the slices on a large baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.