RecipesBack To Recipes
Grilled Beef Panzanella w/Balsamic Fig Vinaigrette
This Italian summer salad is made by soaking fresh croutons in a mixture of tomatoes, onions, fresh basil, and cheese. It's a meal that will satisfy the entire family.
- 4-5 tablespoons OTO Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons OTO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed french bread
- cooking spray
- 2 cups tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 4-oz. beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°.
To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
To prepare salad, arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lightly coat bread cubes with cooking spray.
Bake for 18 minutes or until toasted.
Combine bread, tomato, onion, basil, pecorino Romano cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over bread cube mixture; toss gently to coat.
Sprinkle beef with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until beef is medium-rare or desired degree of doneness.
Serve beef over salad.