RecipesBack To Recipes
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Category: Main Dishes
For the ultimate summer party meal, our citrus olive oils give shrimp and vegetable kabobs a bright and refreshing kick.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup OTO Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup OTO Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange or lemon zest
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 1-2 hours
- red peppers
- green peppers
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion, cut in bite sizes pieces
Whisk together the EVOO's, minced red onion, cilantro, and citrus zest. Reserve 2 tablespoons of marinade.
Cut the peppers, pineapple, cherry tomatoes, and onion into bite size pieces, and thread onto skewers with the shrimp. Pour marinade over skewers and refrigerate for 1-4 hours. Discard marinade.
Grill or broil until shrimp is opaque and no longer pink in the center (about 7-9 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp). Serve with the remaining 2 tablespoons of marinade and a spring mix salad.