RecipesBack To Recipes
Nancy Schmelter's OTO L'Orange Dressing and Salad
Top off a salad rich with leafy greens, vegetables, fruits, and nuts with a surprising burst of tangy orange dressing. Yield: serves 4 – 6
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and cropped
- 1 small bunch fresh Romaine, washed and torn
- 2 small stalks endive
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries or dried blueberries
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons OTO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup OTO Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup OTO Reserve Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
Preheat oven to 350°.
Sauté pecans in butter and olive oil, then add salt and bake for 12-15 minutes, taking care not to scorch the nuts. (Store-bought salted, roasted pecans can also be used.) Set aside.
Vigorously mix the dressing ingredients together. Toss gently with the salad ingredients and sprinkle pecans on top just before serving.
Leftover dressing can be kept in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. It also tastes excellent served with grilled chicken breasts.