RecipesBack To Recipes
Sweet fruit, crunchy almonds, and tart vinegar perfectly complement the salty goodness of prosciutto in this unique salad.
- 1 head boston lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1 apple or pear, peeled and cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 3 oz. prosciutto, finely diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons OTO Champagne Vinegar
- 1/4 cup OTO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine lettuce, apple, strawberries, prosciutto and almonds in a large bowl.
Whisk mustard with Champagne Vinegar in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in EVOO to form an emulsion. Stir in shallots, tarragon, salt and pepper. Pour over salad, toss to blend and serve.