RecipesBack To Recipes
Sesame Shrimp Stir-Fry
Category: Main Dishes
Products Used: Toasted Sesame Oil
Our Toasted Sesame Oil gives the perfect kick of flavor to healthy and delicious stir-fry dishes.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons OTO Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a medium saucepan, bring salted water to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
While rice is simmering, combine shrimp, ginger, cayenne pepper, garlic, sesame seeds, and black pepper in a large plastic food storage bag. Marinate in the refrigerator.
Heat sesame oil in a large wok or skillet. Add red bell pepper and green onions and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes to soften slightly. Mix in teriyaki sauce and add peas and shrimp with seasoning. Sauté 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
Stir cornstarch into chicken broth and add to wok. Cook, stirring until mixture boils. Sprinkle with salt to taste. Spoon shrimp mixture over cooked rice and serve.