RecipesBack To Recipes
Warm Potato Salad with Oregano Olive Oil
Category: Side Dishes
For a taste of Italian cooking at your picnic, try this potato salad, teeming with oregano flavors from both the fresh herb and our Oregano EVOO. Yield: serves 6 – 8
- About 4 potatoes, washed but not peeled
- 2 medium, firm, ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, cut into ¼ inch chunks
- 1 large red onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 cups OTO Oregano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 tablespoons Cabernet Wine Vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot of lightly salted water. Reduce heat and simmer until the skins burst, about 30-35 minutes. Remove, drain and cool slightly.
Peel warm potatoes and cut into quarters. Place in a serving bowl, toss with remaining vegetables, herbs, and salt. Place eggs decoratively on top. Pour in the Oregano EVOO and Cabernet Wine Vinegar and serve immediately.