Pomegranate and Walnut Salad
Ingredients for the salad:
- 10-12 c mixed salad greens, washed and dried
- 1 pomegranate, seeds extracted
- ¾ c walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup Roasted Walnut Oil
- 2 T Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar (or more to taste)
- 2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Finely chopped shallot
- Salt and Pepper to taste
To prepare the vinaigrette, place the minced shallot, vinegar, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place salad greens in a large bowl and toss with the vinaigrette. Add half the
pomegranate seeds and walnuts, then toss again. Sprinkle the remaining seeds and walnuts over the salad.