Pork Chop with Romesco Sauce
Products used : Signature Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1-inch thick slice of crusty bread, crust removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large tomato
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup Old Town Oil Signature Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Old Town Oil Sherry Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (we recommend the spice house)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 Pork Chops
Directions for the Romesco Sauce (adapted from seriouseats.com)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil. Place almond, garlic, bread and tomato on baking sheet and place in the oven. Roast almonds until fragrant and bread is crusty and just starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove almonds and bread and continue roasting garlic until soft and tomato until tender, about 20 minutes more. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and remove skin from tomato and peel garlic.
2. While other ingredients are roasting in the oven, roast peppers over an open flame on a gas stove or grill until the skins are blackened. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let sit until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes. Remove charred skin, seeds, and cores.
3. Place bread, tomato, almonds, peppers, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Purée until smooth. Taste and season with additional salt and cayenne pepper as needed.
4. Place in and airtight container and place in the refrigerator until cool. Store refrigerated up to 5 days.